Those of you who are playing fantasy this year might not have a clue as to what you are doing. Others may have a set in stone plan on how to attack your draft and the waiver wire all year. But for those curious about the ten players who we believe will be on the most championship winning teams by years end, we have you covered.
To be clear, even though the list may be similar, these are NOT the top 10 players going into the season. Rather, they are the 10 most likely players that you will see on championship winnings teams.
So lets get started.
10.) Amari Cooper
- We start off at number 10 with a wide receiver who burned a lot of people last year but someone who will make up for it in a big way this year. Someone who we believe will break out into an absolute monster given the opportunity and volume he is guaranteed. The TD fiend in Crabtree is gone, and those targets have to go somewhere. Sure, they signed Jordy Nelson in the offseason to help out but Jordy is on the decline in most people’s opinions and will not hurt Amari’s target share too much. Amari Cooper will finish this year as a WR1 and be drafted within the top 10 in next years drafts.
9.) Patrick Mahomes II
- I honestly did not think a Quarterback not named Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady would make this list, but I am a true believer in Patrick Mahomes II based on value. This kid is a stud and has a fucking canon for an arm. Tyreek Hill is going to have field days all season long due to the connection that they already established this early on. Look for Pat Mahomes to play a big role in the success of fantasy teams this year, because of his late round ADP (Average Draft Position) and incredible upside.
8.) Alvin Kamara
- No surprise here as Alvin Kamara is going to continue right where he left off. One of the most elusive backs in the game, Alvin will keep shredding defenses as long as he is given a decent amount of volume. With Mark Ingram suspended for 4 games, Kamara is due for a strong start and that is very important in fantasy. He will be in talks for a top 5 draft pick for many years to come.
7.) CMC (Christian McCaffrey)
- CMC will finish as a top 10 back this year if he stays healthy. A true workhorse back in college, he is ready to take on a bigger role. Even though he is a bit sketchy between the tackles, the amount of passing work this dude is going to receive is absurd. Not to mention, they are going to increase his workload in the running game as well. I am buying in on CMC all day and would love to steal him in the second or third round due to the fact that we will be talking about him as a first rounder this time next year.
6.) Royce Freeman
- Even though the hype is now mainstream, I still think people are not fully understanding how good this dude is. He is built like a mack truck and has the true definition of a three down back. The job will be his within weeks and he will take off. Watch out for Rolls Royce as he develops into one of the premier backs in this league and leads many fantasy owners to a championship run.
5.) Todd Gurley
- Regression is in the forecast for young Todd Gurley as he absolutely dominated last year with 19 total TD’s. That will not be the case this year, but that is not saying much as he is still one of the best RB’s on the board. He will not outperform his numbers last year, but he will get at least 12-15 TD’s and rush for over 1k yards. Guaranteed to get the work, Gurley is an obvious pick in the top 5.
4.) Ezekiel Elliot
- The same can be said for Zeke as Gurley in the sense that he is guaranteed the work and will do wonders with it. This guy is the real deal and set the standard during his rookie year when he single handedly won people their championships. With no sign of slowing down, pick Zeke with confidence in the top 5 and watch him work.
3.) David Johnson
- Coming off one of the most disappointing seasons to date, due to the unfortunate wrist injury that kept him out for the season, the unanimous number one pick of 2017 is coming back hungrier than ever. DJ is an absolute monster and will be sure to get back into form this season. He may even be undervalued in the sense that he can easily outperform Gurley AND Bell, who have been the most common number one and two picks in drafts this year.
2.) Le’Veon Bell
- Lev Bell is the most electric player in the NFL with a history of doing it all. He is the most obvious choice to take with the number one overall pick and has the stats to back it up. Even though the Steelers and him could not reach a contract agreement yet again, I don’t think that will negatively affect his play. In fact, it may help. The Steelers are going to run Lev into the ground if they can’t hang onto him next year. They are going to use him as much as possible and I think he is going to have yet another career year.
1.) Saquon Barkley
- The new hotness. The man everyone is talking about and hoping to get on their fantasy squads. For good reason too. This kid is no joke, as he makes the transition from workhorse college running back to the starting role in New York. He will be given as much opportunity as anyone in the league and I can’t wait to see what he does with it. He is just built like a bruising back that has the potential to win leagues and reshape the league for years to come. We will be talking about Saquon next year as a potential number one pick and I think that is inevitable. He is going to take the league by storm this year and win people their leagues. That is the main reason he is number one on this list, because he has number one draft pick written all over him but is going around the 4-7 spot due to the unknown.
Again, these are just predictions based off value. Some may bust or get injured, and some may perform even greater than projected. That is the beauty of fantasy.
Be nice to each other.